Take a class at Temptations and discover that with just a few skills and a couple of hours’ instruction, you can create any and all of these spectacular cakes and cookies.
Fulfill your dream of learning to decorate while enjoying a fun and creative night (or afternoon) out by yourself or with friends. Your family – well, really everyone you know! – will be amazed at what you’ve accomplished, and in just a few lessons you will have mastered absolutely stunning techniques.
At the end of the course you’ll take home a magnificent cake that you’ve decorated yourself!
- private instruction or a class for two, three, or four students
- classes conducted in English in an intimate setting
- personalized attention
Course fees cover all materials and ingredients used in class, but not tools.
For more information about scheduling and fees, call Rachel Miskin at
(02) 563-9668 or e-mail: [email protected]
In four 2-hour classes, you will learn:
Course 1: The Fundamentals of Cake Decorating
- familiarity with and use of basic tools
- using decorating bags and couplers
- fondant 101
- covering a cake with fondant
- writing on a cake
- both simple and intricate bows
- how to make royal icing
- use of royal icing
- piping shells, stars, lines, dots
- simple flowers: drop flowers, rolled roses, leaves, calla lilies, daisies
- the decorated cookie – simple and sophisticated
- rosebud and rose – fondant and buttercream
- decorating with buttercream
- basket weave
- embossing/impression mats/crimping
- the decorated cupcake
- cake pops
- candle cupcakes
- mask cookies
- apple cookies
- baking and decorating 3-D cookies
- creating a cupcake family tree
- fondant animals – elephant, teddy bear, swan, ladybug, dog, mouse
- making cream puffs
Appropriate for ages 8 and up. Also great as a parent and child activity, for a birthday party, or a bat mitzvah project.